All our governors are volunteers and have either been appointed to our community by the Diocese of Leeds, elected by parents, the local authority or by staff members. We have seven foundation governors, appointed by the Diocese, one local authority governor, two parent governors, one staff member and the headteacher.
Our Governors receive relevant training on all aspects of school life and expectations to build their skills to allow them to make informed decisions and challenge the leadership team.
Our governors are supported by LCC Governor Support Service, National Governors Association and have access to information from GEL e-learning.
Foundation Governors who are appointed by the Trustees of the Diocese of Leeds and hold office for a period of four years.
|Executive Headteacher||Term Expires|
|Mr Peter McQuillen Strong||Term of headship|
|Mrs Paula Carter||08.05.2023|
|Fr Nigel Polland (Safer Recruitment)||31.08.2024|
Mrs Joanna Davison - Chair of Governors
|Mrs Roccio Torres||09.05.2023|
|Miss Teresa Newsome (Reading)||31.12.2023|
|Gayle Hunter (SEND)||31.03.2026|
|Miss Amelie Varlet||05.09.25|
|Mrs Jessica Thomas (Vice Chair of Governors)||09.11.2024|
|Mr John Mace (Safer Recruitment)||27.06.2023|
|Mrs Ania Lamptey (Safeguarding & Children who are looked after)||24.01.2026|
|Teaching and Learning and Pupil Support Sub-Committee|
|Mr Peter McQuillen Strong|
|Mrs Ania Lamptey|
|Miss Teresa Newsome|
|Mrs Joanna Davison|
|Mrs Joanna Davison (Chair of Sub-Committee)|
|Mr Peter McQuillen Strong|
|Mrs Paula Carter|
|Fr Nigel Polland|
|Mrs Jessica Thomas|
|Mrs Rocio Thomas|
|Chair of Governors
Mrs Joanna Davison
c/o St Philip’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School
St Philip’s Avenue
|Clerk to the Governors:
||The Clerk to the Governing Body
St Philip’s Catholic Primary & Nursery School
St Philip’s Avenue, Middleton, Leeds LS10 3SL
Tel 0113 2716763
DIOCESE OF LEEDS
St Philip’s Catholic Primary School, Leeds
- The name of the school is St Philip’s Catholic Primary School, Leeds
- The school was founded by and is part of the Catholic Church. The school is to be conducted as a Catholic School in accordance with the canon law and teachings of the Catholic Church and in accordance with the Trust Deed of the Diocese of Leeds and in particular:
- religious education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines, discipline and general and particular norms of the Catholic Church;
- religious worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church;
and at all times the school is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The school is a voluntary aided school in the trusteeship of the Diocese of Leeds and is an exempt charity for the advancement of the Catholic religion in the Diocese of Leeds in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Catholic Church.
- The name of the governing body is The Governing Body of St Philip’s Catholic Primary School, Leeds
- The governing body shall consist of
- 7 foundation governors
- 2 parent governors;
- 1 headteacher
- 1 staff
- 1 LEA governor.
- The total number of governors shall be 12.
- Foundation governors shall be appointed and may be removed by the Bishop of Leeds (or any other person exercising Ordinary jurisdiction in his name including where the See is vacant or impeded, the persons on whom the governance of the See has devolved).
- The term of office of foundation governors is 4 years.
- This instrument of government comes into effect on 31st August 2015.
- This Instrument of Government was approved by the Diocese of Leeds on 18th September and made by order of Leeds City Council on 31 August 2015
- A copy of this instrument must be supplied to the trustees in accordance with the school’s trust deed and to the Director of Schools of the Diocese of Leeds and every member of the governing body.
The Common Seal of Leeds City Council
was hereby affixed in the presence of:
Name: Annie Kinder
Signature: A Kinder
Job Title: School Business Manager